Homemade Oreo cake is a delicious and indulgent dessert that will impress your friends and family. The cake consists of layers of moist chocolate cake and creamy frosting, with crushed Oreo cookies mixed into the batter and sprinkled on top. Here is a step-by-step guide for making a homemade Oreo cake that will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- 2 and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of buttermilk, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of hot water
- 24 Oreo cookies
For the frosting:
- 1 and 1/2 cups of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 5 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 4-6 tablespoons of milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease two 9-inch round cake pans with butter or cooking spray, and line the bottom of each pan with parchment paper.
- After that Combine flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the buttermilk, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Add the hot water and mix until the batter is smooth.
- Crush 12 Oreo cookies into small pieces and fold them into the cake batter.
- Pour the cake batter evenly into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake the cakes for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool in the pans for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the cakes from the pans and let them cool completely on a wire rack.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, you should prepare the frosting. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until it is light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and salt to the bowl and beat until well combined, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk to the bowl, one tablespoon at a time, and continue to beat until the frosting reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Crush the remaining 12 Oreo cookies into small pieces. Once the cakes have cooled, place one cake layer on a serving plate and spread a layer of frosting on top.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreo cookies on top of the frosting. Place the second cake layer on top of the frosting and spread another layer of frosting on top.
- Decorate the top of the cake with crushed Oreo cookies.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the frosting to set.
Read Also How do we make this Diwali more special?
Tips and variations:
- For an extra chocolatey cake, you can add chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
- You can also add a layer of ganache in between the cake layers for an even more decadent dessert.
- To make the cake even more indulgent, try adding a layer of Oreo cookie crumbs to the frosting in between the cake layers.
- To make the cake look more festive, try adding sprinkles or other decorations.
I hope you found the above-given recipe useful and would definitely give it a try. If you want more such recipes and want to order customized cakes in Chandigarh, Mohali, and Zirakpur then you should visit cakenetworks